2 sec cast
Pandaren Peach (2)
The WoW recipe only involves two peaches, so I stripped my recipe down to the bare bones in the hopes that the seasonal peaches would be sweet enough to carry the dish. Turns out, the pie needs sugar. I did not hold back on the pie crust since the WoW recipe ingredients suggests to me that you should already have a pie crust in the bank - unless of course it is possible to make a pie with only one ingredient. I cooked this recipe in the oven instead of over open flame because my b.b.q ran dry. I will try to do better in the future. Here is the recipe I will attempt:
20 min. cast - movement will not break cast.
- 3 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar (optional)
1. Peel and slice the peaches. Toss with cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and butter. Set aside.
2. Making the crust: Combine flour, butter and tenderflake with a pastry knife or fork. Work the mix until moist, this will take some time but it will be worth it. When I say "moist" I mean, you look at the mix and think to yourself, "I don't know if I really need to add liquid to this." Now you add the liquid.
3. In a small bowl, crack the egg and scramble. Add about half the egg to a measuring cup. Reserve the rest to brush over the crust. In the measuring cup, add lemon to the egg and enough frigid water to make your combined liquid equal to 1/3 of a cup.
4. Add the liquid to the tenderflake mix and combine. Divide the dough into two balls and chill.\
5. Preheat oven/bbq to 350 degrees.
6. Roll out the bottom pie crust, place in pie plate and fill with the peach mix.
7. The top crust. To make it resemble the WoW Peach Pie icon, roll out the top crust, then cut into strips. Place the strips in a lattice formation on top of the pie.
8. Brush the top crust with the reserved egg, you can add a little bit of frigid water to the egg if it doesn't spread nicely.
9. Bake until golden brown and crust is crisp, approx 30-40 minutes.
10. Voila! Peach Pie!
Special Thanks to Natural Awakenings Las Vegas Blog for the Peach Pie recipe.